Dear Patients & Families,
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY!!!
Woodinville Orthodontics is dedicated to your health and well being. As it has been deemed safe to return slowly and carefully to doing non-urgent dental care, we are opening our practice at a limited capacity at this time. Our team misses you all and those days when we all gathered together as good neighbours in a happy family atmosphere. We still strive to provide a pleasant journey throughout your care even though we may look a little different and may chat more online rather than in person!!
As we underwent new updates in our patient chart system and software just before the COVID closure, we were missing a lot of your contact info and were not able to reach all of you as easily as we would have liked to. So that we can provide you important updates in the future, please send us your valid contact info: An email address that you view daily, cell phone number of patient/ primary caregiver for text updates, and an updated home address. Please email this with the subject CONTACT INFO to [email protected] Thank you so much.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are created so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Since safety is of utmost importance, our ability to see patients is limited to the availability of sufficient PPE. Also, we are taking very careful measures to ensure that the clinic is safe for the patient and staff. This means that we will only be able to see a fraction of the patients we usually see at a time. We have carefully triaged our patients and are first seeing only the patients that are most in need of urgent care. After this, we will start calling our patients based on treatment status and when they were last seen in our clinic. We appreciate your patience and assure you that as soon as we can, we will get to your family.
In order to get to you sooner in the safest manner, we have increased our hours and are now open 5 days a week!!!
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. The measures we will be taking to provide a safe orthodontic treatment experience include, but are not limited to, the following:
BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE CLINIC
- We will be screening patients for their updated medical history, exposure and symptoms before their appointments. You will be getting an email prior to your appointment. Please fill out these following forms and bring them with you.
- We will also be calling/ texting you the day before your appointment to verify your health history. Patients with exposure risk or symptoms will be rescheduled for the safety of everyone.
- We ask that patients thoroughly brush their teeth PRIOR to the scheduled appointment.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE CLINIC
- For everyone’s safety, we have closed the reception area, restrooms and tooth brushing area. Please brush your teeth thoroughly before the appointment.
- Scheduled patients are instructed to remain in their vehicle and text our office at 2067154105 to check-in upon arrival in the parking lot.
- Once the treatment area is prepared to seat the patient, we will call the patient and/or parent/guardian to meet a staff member at the either the second or third door. The patient will be met by a team member wearing PPE to check their temperature BEFORE entering the office. Please handover the printed and signed forms at this time.
- Only the scheduled patient will be allowed into the office for the appointment. Parents/Caregivers are requested to remain outside. If special arrangements are needed, we can do so and will need to do further screening for this,
- Once the screening process is complete, a staff member will escort the patient to a designated cleaning area where the patient will sanitize their hands and we will be providing you with a mouth rinse before starting the treatment. All patient belongings must go back to the clinic/treatment area with them. Please bring only necessary personal items to our office.
- We are keeping doors propped open when possible to minimize contact with doorknobs/handles.
- There will be no physical contact with patients apart from treatment.
DURING AND IN BETWEEN TREATMENT
- All treatment areas will be COMPLETELY disinfected before each patient is seated, and public areas will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day. Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, ADA and AAO in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization. During patient care, masks, goggles or face shields will be worn by everyone.
- All surfaces that come in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant. Items that are unable to be wiped down have been removed from treatment areas.
CHECKING OUT AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We will call you to make your next appointment. Please be patient as we need to make sure we take care of all our patients.
- If there is anything that needs to be done with the front desk, please call the office phone number to address the same.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. Please note that appointments are managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment during this time.
If there is a true dental emergency, please call our office. We will work to triage cases over the phone and will direct patients accordingly.
As things are constantly changing, we will continue to monitor information and may need to further modify our schedules accordingly.
We thank you, dear folks, so much for your understanding and continued support.
Wishing you the best of health and safety,
Dr.Bhat and the entire team here at Woodinville Orthodontics