Dear Patients & Families,
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY AND WANT YOU TO HAVE A PLEASANT APPOINTMENT!!! PLEASE READ ON:
Woodinville Orthodontics is dedicated to your health and well being.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are created so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations
We are taking very careful measures to ensure that the clinic is safe for the patient and staff. This means that we will only be able to see a fraction of the patients we usually see at a time.
In order to get to you sooner in the safest manner, we have increased our hours and are now open 4 days a week!!!
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. The measures we will be taking to provide a safe orthodontic treatment experience include, but are not limited to, the following:
BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE CLINIC
- We will be screening patients for their updated medical history, exposure and symptoms before their appointments. You will be getting an email prior to your appointment. Please CHECK OUT these following forms and AND IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED YES TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS IN THE HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE-PLEASE RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- We will also be calling/ texting you the day before your appointment to verify your health history. Patients with exposure risk or symptoms will be rescheduled for the safety of everyone.
- We ask that patients thoroughly brush their teeth PRIOR to the scheduled appointment.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE CLINIC
- For everyone’s safety, we have closed the restrooms and tooth brushing area. Please brush your teeth thoroughly before the appointment.
- Patients s are requested to use hand sanitizers before and after checking in at the Ipad near the front desk.
- Parents are encouraged to come in the back with their child to get a quick update regarding their treatment before they go back to wait in the car. We will be doing a temperature check and hand sanitization before we bring you back.
- Once the screening process is complete, a staff member will escort the patient to a designated cleaning area where the patient will sanitize their hands and we will be providing you with an anti microbial mouth rinse before starting the treatment. All patient belongings must go back to the clinic/treatment area with them. Please bring only necessary personal items to our office.
DURING AND IN BETWEEN TREATMENT
- All treatment areas will be COMPLETELY disinfected before each patient is seated, and public areas will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day. Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, ADA and AAO in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization. During patient care, masks, goggles or face shields will be worn by everyone.
- All surfaces that come in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant. Items that are unable to be wiped down have been removed from treatment areas.
- BROKEN BRACKETS:
- Please call and let us know in advance if you have a broken bracket [ even if it happens the day of or just the day before] since we may need to change the type, time and duration of your appointment so as to fix the issue as needed. This will save you form having to make an etxra trip to fix it.
- LATE ARRIVALS
- In order to make sure that we seat our patients on time, we may need to reschedule you if you arrive more than 10 minutes late for your appointment. You will be welcome to wait to see if anyone cancels after your time, in which case, we would be happy to take care of you then. Also, in case you are late, there may be times we may be able to see you but we may not be able to do all that we planned to do. Thanks you so much for your understanding.
CHECKING OUT AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- PLEASE MAKE SURE TO MAKE YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT BEFORE YOU LEAVE.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. Please note that appointments are managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment during this time.
If there is a true dental emergency, please call our office. We will work to triage cases over the phone and will direct patients accordingly.
We thank you, dear folks, so much for your understanding and continued support.
Wishing you the best of health and safety,
Dr.Bhat and the entire team here at Woodinville Orthodontics